Date: August 24, 2017 – August 25, 2017
Time: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
CEU: 10 CEUs for the two-day event $50
SFU Harbour Centre
Room 1900 - Fletcher Challenge Theatre
515 West Hastings Street
*BC-ABA is providing CEUs Only. To register for this event go to http://www.actcommunity.ca/education/act-events/integrating-aba-methods-in-schools-supporting-school-aged-children-2017/
About the Event
Richard Stock, PhD, BCBA-D
This two-day workshop will focus on using Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) methods to support students with autism from Kindergarten to Grade 12; in particular, those who are moderately to severely impacted by their autism.
While many educators are familiar with early behavioral intervention using discrete trial teaching, the science of ABA has much more to offer teachers who are responsible for the education of students with autism and related disorders. This workshop aims to expand your conceptualization of ABA in ways that are practical in the regular classroom.
Topics covered will include:
- Creating high quality Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Review of BC Ministry of Education IEP standards
- Introduction to the 4 core elements of IEPs
- Instruction and guided practice in developing quality IEP long-term and short-term goals
- Collecting practical and useful data as a necessary component of IEPs
- Addressing problem behavior
- Introduction to 6 types of consequences and how they affect problem behaviours
- Introduction to the (4) functions of problem behavior and functional assessment
- Introduction to the Competing Pathways Diagram and the structure of positive behavior support plans
- Practical classroom strategies for everyday use
BC-ABA is providing CEUs Only. To register for this event go to http://www.actcommunity.ca/education/act-events/integrating-aba-methods-in-schools-supporting-school-aged-children-2017/
Please note: 1. CEUs will not be available for purchases on the day of the conference. CEUs must be purchased through the BC-ABA website by August 19, 2017. 2. All CEU registrants must sign in and out each day they attend. A volunteer will sign registrants in and out and will collect the sign-in sheets and evaluations at the end of the day. Certificates will be emailed to registrants. Registrants who do not arrive within 5 minutes of the start of the event and who do not return their forms will not receive their certificate. 3. Participants receiving CEUs must attend both days from start to finish to receive CEUs. Partial credits will not be offered. 4. There will be no CEU refunds.