We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Clinical Supervisor to join our teams in Fredericton (2
position EN), Saint John (1 position EN), Moncton (1 position EN), Caraquet (1 position FR).
VIVA Therapeutic Services (VIVA), formerly Autism Intervention Services, was founded by Danielle Pelletier in
2005, to provide preschool aged children with autism spectrum disorder and their families with high quality,
evidence-based services. At VIVA, our programs are dedicated to providing quality intervention and making every
teaching moment count. As a result of our programs’ success, we have gained our government’s confidence in
our contracted services and currently serve nearly 700 families across the province of New Brunswick.
Our Clinical Supervisors (CS) are highly valued team members who provide quality intervention to preschool
children with ASD and their families. Our Clinical Supervisions provide leadership, supervision and support to our
clients, families, and teams with the goal of ensuring that each child reaches their full potential and has enhanced
quality of life. Our teams are trained to make a positive and meaningful difference with the children they interact
with and their families.
At VIVA we value teamwork, integrity, quality, dignity, diversity and joy! To be more specific, we love what we do!
We focus on solutions and celebrate each child’s learning. We work together as a close team; we care about each
other and support one another to reach our personal and professional goals. We do the right thing for the well being of our clients being honest, accountable, and showing up every day! We seek open feedback, stay current with the research, and continuously strive to offer excellence in our programs. We respect individuality in all
children and understand they have unique needs. We aim to learn more about each other, and to act with
compassion and kindness.
Current Clinical Initiatives:
VIVA recognizes that the field of ABA is evolving and undergoing a shift in understanding how we can best support
and honour our clients. Over the past year and a half, VIVA has been investing in training on “Today’s ABA”
approaches with Dr. Greg Hanley’s company FTF Behavioral Consulting. We prioritize happy, relaxed, and engaged
learners, and teaching from a place of joy. We believe that we can be empathetic, compassionate scientists.
- Competitive salary
- Group medical and dental insurance
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Travel expenses
- Vacation and sick time
- Cellphone allowance
- Quarterly incentives for goal achievement
Sound like you?
If you want to make a positive impact on preschool children with autism spectrum disorder, and the value
statements above resonate with you, we would love to have you join our team.
A Clinical Supervisor is responsible for assessing, designing, monitoring, and supervising behavioural interventions
for preschool-aged children with ASD.
Accountabilities include but not limited to:
Assessment and Program Development
- At intake, building rapport with the client and family. Identifying the best context for happy, relaxed,
and engaged learning.
- Conducting various assessments at intake, during and post interventions, including provincially
mandated curriculum-based assessment
- Creating a Personalized Learning Plan in accordance with the current provincial process in collaboration
with families and community partners
- Writing individualized programs as well as implementing and monitoring programs to ensure adequate
and timely progress of clients
- Conducting functional behaviour assessments and designing behaviour support plans that are in
alignment with “Today’s ABA” approaches.
- Offering parent training according to the needs of the client and priorities of the family.
Supervision and Professional Development
- Overseeing the programming of all clients on their clinical team, including monitoring, analyzing, and
- Supervising and evaluating the work of Behaviour Consultants, Lead Therapists, and Behaviour
Interventionists on their clinical team.
- Supporting the ongoing professional development of the clinical team and evaluating competency
- Meeting up-to-date annual provincial training requirements of the Department of Education and Early
- Communicating with families and other stakeholders/community partners
- Overseeing successful transitions into schools by preparing and documenting the transition plan
- Supporting interventions within the home and community context
- Implementing and adhering to clinical service delivery policies
- Conducting administrative duties relating to scheduling, supervision, and monthly reports
Qualifications and Requirements:
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a master’s degree and excellent clinical skills in the areas of responsibility described above (BCBA,
Speech -Language Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Education and Psychology).
- Demonstrate exceptional abilities to work in a team setting and a high level of professionalism and
integrity, adopting and respecting VIVA’s mission and values.
- Have 2+ years progressive supervisory experience
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- Have experience working with preschool-aged children with a diagnosis of ASD and other developmental
- Experience with “Today’s ABA” approaches including PFA&SBT, Balance, and Universal Protocols is
considered an asset.
- Maintain certification with the Behaviour Analyst Certification Board or with their licensing body (if
- Have a clear criminal record check, vulnerable sector check and Social Development prior contact check.
- Bilingualism (French and English) is preferable. Please state your oral and written language capabilities.
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle as travel is required.
Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Application deadline: May 12, 2023
We thank all applicants for your interest.